Tips for Boosting Your Home's Summer Curb Appeal
Published | Written by Steve Hudson
Summertime has arrived, and if you’re a homeowner looking to sell your house, you’re looking for ways to boost your home’s curb appeal.
Curb appeal is one of the most important things when it comes to selling a home. It’s the first impression that potential buyers get, and as they say, ‘you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Did you know 71% of potential buyers drive by a home after seeing it online?
Fortunately, there are many ways to give your home a boost and create a much more appealing look, without spending a fortune. Here are some great ideas for giving your home a summer makeover that will help you to sell it faster and for more money.
1. Power wash the exterior of your home - Washing the exterior of your home, including the driveway and sidewalks, is one of the most cost-effective ways to instantly spruce up its look and attract potential buyers. Pressure washing can be a great way to get rid of dirt, cobwebs, and other buildup that have accumulated over the years, giving your home a much more attractive look.
2. Upgrade your front door - Upgrading your front door is an easy and cost-effective way to give your home a new look. Choose a door that is stylish and in line with the appearance of your house. If you’re looking to increase the value of your home, consider going with a solid wood door rather than a hollow-core option.
3. Add/upgrade lighting fixtures - Exterior lighting fixtures can really help to make your home stand out and bring attention to the exterior of your home. Install fixtures that are modern, stylish, and energy efficient. Even if these fixtures don’t increase the value of your home, potential buyers are sure to appreciate the improved look.
4. Update your landscaping - Landscaping is one of the most important features for boosting curb appeal. Improving your landscaping can make a world of difference in the look of your home so make sure to keep it well-manicured. Trim bushes and trees.
5. Plant Flowers - Along with providing a pop of color and inviting fragrance, flowers can transform an otherwise drab looking yard into a place of beauty and relaxation. Whether planted in beds, hanging baskets, or containers, flowers can instantly change the look of a home's exterior. Plus, with the right varieties, flowers can attract birds and butterflies, adding to the charm and appeal of a property.
6. Touch up your paint - Painting your house is another cost-effective way to give your home a new look. Choose a neutral color palette as this will be more appealing to potential buyers. If you’re looking to make a bigger impact, you can consider adding an accent color.
Boosting your curb appeal is a great way to make sure your home stands out this summer. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can have an eye-catching exterior that will make your neighbors jealous! Don't wait any longer - take action now. Also sign up for our newsletter for more great ideas on how to spruce up your home.